Pages

12/9/06

Andalucian Matanza

The Matanza is part of Andalucian tradition and has been now for many generations so when we got invited to one this November we decided to go along...mainly so we could say "yes we have been" Being honest it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, the slaughter was performed with such a high degree of skill that the actual killing can only be described as humane. Like it or loath it the matanza is still practiced today although not to the extent that it was. Rules have changed due to Spain falling in line with the EU and certain conditions must be met.

A few pics...





Tapas Recipes Andalucia
will be detailing all the recipes from the matanza over the coming weeks, the first is the traditional dish "migas"

Enjoy

4 comments:

Cream said...

Well, at least this pig was famous in death! TV cameras, etc...
I have visited your catering site. Very pro!
Will email you.

Atila The Nun said...

Excellent CR I assume the TV cameras are that well know Brit TV broadcasting company. Glad the pics were not full of gore, you know what I am like with meat especially the pink bits.

However the matanza is steeped in tradition and was also an essential way of life, so bravo to you both for going along and seeing what it was all about. Cannot wait for the recipes tell Mrs CR I have my pen and paper at the ready :-)

Anonymous said...

TV cameras?? Are you really becoming so famous CR???.

Unknown said...

Cream, thanks, look forward to hearing from you.

Atila, Recipes on the way for the next few weeks. We had to go for the experience and like I say it wasnt that bad, the cameras were there for an educational programme out next year.

Emilio, No my friend, just doing what I can to promote business, poco a poco...